Call Today to schedule an appointment: 941-363-9000
National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners: Registry #
Our office is located near downtown Sarasota just north of Main Street
To obtain a commercial driver license (CDL) in the state of Florida, you must:
- Bring two forms of Identification with you to your recommended appointment.
- Have your personal contact information including your social security number available.
- Proof of your residential address such as a current driver’s license.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Satisfy medical eligibility requirements and present a valid Medical Examination Card.
- Pass all required tests.
- Pay applicable fees.
Dr. Balen, can administer your physical examination and fill out your required forms. We have these forms on site at our office. If you want to save time you can download your DOT Medical form by searching DOT medical form and fill out the top two sections completely A & B and take it with you to our office.
It is mandatory that you pass the DOT CDL physical Exam to qualify for a CDL license. Your health and wellness are critical as you are applying to operate a commercial vehicle.
Please review all the physical requirements defined by the US Department of Transportation:
- You must have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye. Glasses or contact lenses are acceptable to correct a driver’s vision.
- You cannot be a diabetic on needle-injected insulin; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
- Your blood pressure must meet the following criteria:
- 140-159/90-99 for 1-year certificate
- 160-179/100-109 for a 3-month temporary certificate
- Greater than 180/110 is disqualifying
* Prescription medication to control blood pressure is permitted.
- Use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any other habit-forming drug is not permitted.
- If you have a current diagnosis of cardiac insufficiency, collapse, congestive cardiac failure, or any other cardiovascular disease you will be required to provide the Medical Examiner with a stress test (needs to be performed within the last 12 months) along with a release from your physician stating that you can drive a commercial motor vehicle without restrictions
- Other factors or conditions which could prevent you from obtaining the required DOT clearance include: sleep apnea, recent back injury, recent major surgery, a current hernia, or recent workers’ compensation claims. If you have questions about your medical health, please consult your physician before beginning the training program.
Dr. Balen, Chiropractor is Certified by the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners: Registry #. Please call 941-363-9000 for directions and to set up an appointment today.